Barbie figure skater and ice rink

 

   Winter has arrived in the "Kingdom of Creativity". Snow and frost have covered everything in white. The lake has frozen and turned into a skating rink.

   One day, the inhabitants of the kingdom noticed skate marks on the lake. Where did these marks come from? Has anyone been skating? It was incredible!   

   The next day, fresh marks appeared again. The lake froze well, making it safe to skate. The rink would be better if the snow covering the ice were cleared more.

Vanessa woke up very early and looked out the window to see the snowfall. It was a fabulous sight! It was still very early, but she couldn't fall asleep, so she decided to go outside for a walk to avoid waking her sisters, who were sleeping soundly.

   Vanessa went outside, and snowflakes circled quietly and slowly, like in a dance. Flashlights illuminated her path, and she noticed a dancing silhouette on the lake. Vanessa decided to come closer, but the snow crunched underfoot, making it impossible to approach quietly and inconspicuously.

  She saw a girl on ice skates who moved so beautifully, gentle, and graceful, dancing on the ice rink. It was Monica. 

Monica saw Vanessa and stopped.

Vanessa: "I didn't mean to disturb you. I wanted to come closer to take a look. I didn't know you skated so well."   

Monica: "It's okay. Fine weather. Besides dancing, I have another hobby from childhood - ice skating."

Vanessa: "It's great that you do what you love and enjoy it."

Monica: "It's still very early, but I can't sleep when there's such a fairytale, and there's an ice rink on the street. I feel very comfortable here."

Vanessa: "Now I know who leaves skate marks on the rink 😉 You skate very well, and it's nice to watch. I'm glad I was able to see it."

Monica: "Vanessa, can you skate?" 

Vanessa: "No, I can't skate. Can you teach me?"

Monica: "I would be happy to teach you and anyone else to skate. But, I'm afraid that this rink is not suitable for beginners. We need to clear the snow. We need help."

Vanessa: "We can tell everyone in the kingdom about the rink, and there will be people willing to help with the snow. It will be fun and friendly work."

   The princess of the kingdom liked the idea of an ice rink. She wanted to put on an ice skating performance and make it an annual tradition. The inhabitants of the kingdom supported this idea and helped in every way they could. Some made the skating rink, others prepared decorations, lighting, and a complete room for figure skating. Vanessa made a dress and accessories for Monica.

   Vanessa sewed a blue dress to match the color of Monica's skates. She made a hair ornament in the form of a snowflake and painted the dress with paints and added rhinestones.

Vanessa in her workshop:


   You can read the post about Vanessa the Seamstress: Barbie the seamstress and the island "Kingdom of creativity".



Monica loved the new dress. 

   The rink turned out great. It was well lit and not cold. The ice sparkled with lights and garlands, and it was smooth and clean. Monica appeared at the rink. Many spectators gathered to watch the ice skating performance. The residents were happy that they would have an ice rink every year.

   Pleasant music was playing as the figure skater moved gently and smoothly, captivating the audience with her performance. The rhinestones on her dress sparkled as she gracefully twirled and danced on the ice.

  The spectators were entranced by Monica's every move and admired her sparkling dress. The spectacle was truly incredible. Monica felt comfortable and confident in her dress.




  The performance was a success, and a new Christmas tradition was born - ice skating. Now, in addition to the winter ball, an annual ice performance will be held. Everyone can come to the rink from December 1st until the end of the month to skate. The ice is well taken care of, cleaned daily, and maintained at the right temperature. Along with her dancing, Monica has also taken up skating classes, and even her friend Vanessa has joined her with great pleasure.


   How did I sew this dress? You can watch a video of the process on YouTube:




Comments

  1. Hello Inesa! First, thanks for the kind comments you've left on my blog. Second, I love the dress that you've made for Monica. I love the painted details and the rhinestones. The diorama is very cute too!
    Keep up the good work on this blog, I love it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment on my blog. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the dress I made for Monica, and I appreciate your kind words about my work. It means a lot to me that you're enjoying my blog so far. Thanks again for your support.

      Delete
  2. Painted details on the dress are great idea! And I love the lacing on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you love the lacing on the back and the painted details on the dress. I always try to add little details to make each dress unique. Thanks again for your kind words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate every comment. I will definitely write you back and visit your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie the seamstress and the island "Kingdom of Сreativity"

Masquerade in the "Kingdom of Creativity"

Vanessa found her grandmother's chest. DIY Sewing machine for Barbie dolls

Flora decorates the swing. DIY How to make a swing for Barbie dolls