Blue dress with a sun skirt for Barbie

   

   Monica loves ice skating. Vanessa found out about it and sewed a blue dress for Monica. I have already written about it on my blog: Barbie figure skater

The model in this photo is the body from the original Made to Move Barbie doll, and I bought the head separately.
   

   Monica is a footwear designer in the kingdom. She painted the skates blue and added glitter. The skates perfectly complemented Monica's look. The blue dress matches these skates perfectly.




   Flora is a florist and decorator on the doll island "Kingdom of Creativity". She loves flowers very much. Flora tried on a blue dress. The dress suits her very well.

The model in this photo is the Made to Move DJY08 brunette Barbie.



   This is a versatile dress because, in winter, girls can skate on the rink in it, and in summer, they can take photos on the field with flowers.






  Charlotte is a chef and a cook. She loves to sing and sometimes even performs on stage. The girl adores trying on beautiful dresses, especially before her stage performances.

The model in this photo is the Made to Move DHL82 redhead Barbie.


   This dress is perfect for the stage and public performances. The rhinestones shimmer beautifully. The dress has a sun skirt, allowing graceful twirling.


I love sewing clothes for dolls from cotton fabric. But this time, I decided to combine two fabrics: cotton and satin. I made the corset from blue cotton and the sun skirt from blue satin. I tried it, and now I know that I'm not a fan of satin because it's challenging to photograph bright satin due to the glare. However, it's effortless to handle the edges of satin fabric. I enjoy working with cotton and knit fabrics. And, of course, I added my touch — I painted a design on the corset and the skirt using fabric paints. I love painting doll clothes and adding rhinestones.



How did I sew this dress? You can watch a video of the process on YouTube:



Comments

  1. It's a beautiful dress Inesa, the love of painting and sewing shows through in all your creations.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm comment and for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked the dress I made for dolls. Your kind words mean a lot to me. Big hugs back to you!

      Delete
  2. The dress can be worn on many occasions. :) I like the lacing on the back and the painted detrails you added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I'm glad you liked the dress I made for Barbie dolls. I enjoy adding lacing to corsets, and I also love painting on fabric. Your feedback means a lot to me. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate every comment. I will definitely write you back and visit your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie the seamstress and the island "Kingdom of Сreativity"

Barbie figure skater and ice rink

Masquerade in the "Kingdom of Creativity"

Vanessa found her grandmother's chest. DIY Sewing machine for Barbie dolls

Flora decorates the swing. DIY How to make a swing for Barbie dolls